Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Les artistes

Yikes! How long has it been since my last post? I dread to think of the exact number of days.

I would say I've been very busy, too busy to blog of course because I'm getting married in less than a month. In fact, I'm asked that quite a bit. But in all honesty, I don't really feel any differently than normal, despite the date's creeping arrival. I mean, I guess I've been busy! Still crafting. Making lace table runners with my mom, patterned bowties for the groomsman, even more fabric flowers. Sent out invitations, had pre-marital counseling, met with the wedding planner, the photographer... and yet I still manage to do other life-related things. Hang out, go to shows, job interviews, interwebs, read, bible study etc. I think what it is is that I'm not completely stressed out of my mind, at least not yet.

Is there truly a good excuse as to why I haven't blogged? Probably not. Maybe... I think I could use another jolt of inspiration.

I do have a few new post ideas up my sleeve, but unfortunately I have been separated from Camille (my camera), but I'm excited to get to work once we're reunited. In the meantime, I could use some stylin' eyecandy, how about you?

The people I follow are SO COOL!
 You guys are my picker-uppers when I'm feeling bland and lame.
Here are some of my fav ensembles as of late.

Virginie of Virginie's Cinema! That southwestern print is bangin'. I love the way she works a pop of bright colors into almost every one of her ensembles. And might I also add she's a fantastic cinematographer?

Claire of Stolen From Grandma! If my soul were embodied in an outfit, this would be it. The cut out shoulders, the soft pastel pink blouse, the warm brown tones. Adore.

Okay, so I know she's famous and everything but I will never get enough of Leandra, The Man Repeller. Just look at her. Being fabulous while simultaneously making me choke on my beverage in laughter should be a crime. Pretty much every high-fashion outfit of hers breaks some kind of normalcy rule. Such confidence I can only dream of possessing.

Denim, floral prints, and mustache-adorned totes. Amanda from Off Of Broadway is so sweet and thrifty. And she has her own actual vintage shop! Only just a dream for me... sigh, maybe some day a reality.

Victoria, from Marmalade is a true artist. Her photography and sense of style is amazing. I have to say, she's really a favorite to follow.

Jo, from Lost in the Haze, is absolutely lovely. Her photographs are always so dreamy, with style to match.

Lily of Love Charles Vintage. One of the first blogs I ever followed when I started looking into the vintage style blogging community. She and her thriftiness still continue to inspire me!

There are still so many others, but I'll leave that to another post before this one gets more out of hand than it has already. And yourself? Who are your favorite personal muses?

Have a sweet, sweet day!
Gabi