Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Never let me go

I want to take this opportunity to rave about a movie that Gare and I watched the other night. It was released on DVD just recently I believe and is called Never Let Me Go. Based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro, the film features Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield, and Keira Knightley. It is a brilliant, heartwrenching love story. Hm, I've been trying to figure out how to spark an intrigue without ruining the story for people because the concept behind the plot is so unusual and extraordinary that I feel that a lot of the fun comes from the initial shock and then from trying to wrap one's mind around it.

I think I'll just stick the trailer here...


I get goosebumps from watching the trailer again. It's an immensely beautiful movie. If any one who reads this watches it or has already watched it, let me know! I love talking about movies, especially hard-hitting ones. Ask Gare how long I was crying after the credits rolled, haha. I think my next step is to get my smiling, tear-soaked fingers on the book. (Unfortunately it was after watching the movie that I discovered its book counterpart, which I probably would have liked to read first... ah well, at least you guys still have the option!)

Just as a side note, the clothes in the film all looked so simple and comfortable.

Makes me want to don some warm knits and tights and take a walk down a grassy beachside. Wonderful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment