Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

To think, to write, to be

Another Friday to smile back on... today, Christina and I prepared her vintage storeroom for the cafe sale next Thursday. One of my favorite things about Christina's place? I always leave with my mind chugging on thought food. As we were talking about blogging life and all that comes with it, I realized that I should really evaluate what I aim to accomplish with this project... and why. As this blog will grow and change over time, I know that I will too. I just want to make sure that I grow in a positive way, a way that I can take this wonderful hobby and do good with it. Real good. If I'm using this blog to showcase something, the last thing I want it to be is me. This isn't to say that I want to downplay my worth and what I could possibly have to offer people, I just don't want this blog to become centered on narcissism (which, you have to admit, can tend to happen through this kind of medium when you're talking about yourself more often than not).

I'm not sure what my exact focus will be yet, but I do know this: it will be others-oriented. I want what I create of my hobby to be a gift, for you who read this. I'm not looking for fame or fortune in the vintage style world... just the knowledge that I have, even in some small way, been of service.

Thanks for sticking with me <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment