Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Heebie jeebies

As promised, a style shoot! I went alone this time, with my tripod and trusty self-timer. Guys, I think there might be something wrong with me. I have some seriously morbid thoughts. This is the conversation I had with myself on the drive over.

Myself: Man, I can't believe I'm going alone. It's a picture perfect area, but, there's some really sketchy looking trailers a few feet away.
My other self: Come on, get pumped! You promised yourself you'd do a shoot. You're actually doing it!
Myself: I have a bad feeling in my gut. I want to go back. What if a serial killer just so happens to see me there... vulnerable and alone? What if he kidnaps me?? What if this is my last day alive?!?
My other self: Gabi, what if this "gut feeling" is just all in your head? There really can't be any reason to be afraid!
Myself: I mean, someone could just come up at any moment! OH GOD. I FORGOT TO BRING MY TASER!
My other self: Chiiiillll! You'll be fine! It'll be over in 5 seconds. Just get out, take a few shots, then leave. No sweat!
Myself: Right? Right? Right. Okay. Breathe.




Yep. I freaked myself out over nothing. I swear, the brain is amazing. I don't know how it manages the balance between intuition and conscious reasoning.

Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Skirt: thrifted vintage
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: thrifted vintage
Scarf: thrifted
Bag: thrifted vintage
Shades: thrifted