Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Featured on Chictopia?? Say wha!

Today was a fairly normal day... shopping with the moms, enjoying the warm weather, preparing for another style shoot.

Checking up on all the social networks, as usual.
Until I noticed something a bit strange when I logged into Chictopia.

Weird, I suddenly have all these random points that I didn't have before! (You receive "chicpoints" when people "like" your outfits, leave you comments, and such.) Checked my messages.

A letter from an editor:

"Hi there,
Congratulations! With your amazing style and creative write up, your photo Chic Blog post has been selected by our editor to be featured on Chictopia’s Home Page. If you have our iphone app, your photo will also be displayed there in 24 hours.

As a reward, you are receiving 500 Chic Points for this amazing honor. Hope to see you on the Home Page again!"

What? No. Really? Seriously?
Clicked to the front page.
Lo and behold...

I even had to open a new browser just to make sure I wasn't imagining things!

I am flabbergasted. Just flabbergasted. I don't even have words. 

Chictopia, I would describe as THE internet headquarters for fashion enthusiasts near and far. And there's little blogger n00b me on the front page, sheepishly staring back at 192,000 pairs of visiting eyes that graze the site daily. I am beyond honored that someone considers my style worthy enough to be displayed there. 

Man, I've really been needing some encouragement lately as to whether this whole fashion blogging endeavor was cut out for me, and, well, I think there we have it, folks. Thank you, dear reader and friend, for coming along with me. I can't wait to see where this path will lead!

(Thanks God :D!)