Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summertime's calling me

Nothing says summer like the first beach day of the season! And who better to spend it with than the 5W crew (well, half of it)! This is probably the first of many posts to come that will document my love affair with Lake Tahoe. There's just something about the glassy blue lake juxtaposed with the snow-capped mountains that gets me every time.







Skirt, belt, headwrap: vintage thrifted
Top: vintage gift from my mother-in-law
Bag: gift from Christina

Despite the freezing water that made it nearly impossible to swim, it was a lovely time! And! Successfully prevented myself from getting a sunburn. Go skin health! I've never been a huge fan of tanning, but for some reason when I step out on a beach and my porcelain whiteness is enough to blind someone, I start to think maybe a summer glow would be nice. If there's a way to do it without setting myself up for wrinkles and skin cancer later in life or going traffic-cone with a fake tanner, I might try it. Then again, I do like being pale! I don't think there is anything wrong with sticking to our natural color; for every shade, I'm sure there's at least one culture in the world who reveres it.

What about you? Is tanning a go or a no?